View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 05:44 PM   #65
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

A bit of info from the lap timer app. The car ran very consistant lap times when I wasn't entering/exiting the track or slowed down by traffic. There were a few times where I had no traffic and was able to click off 4-5 laps within a second of each other.

The app keeps up with your best time over sections of the track, and pieces your best sections together to create your best possible "virtual lap time". Theoretically the car had a 2:16.85 in it, so I'm really happy with my 2:17.14, only three tenths slower.

The car was pulling over 1.2g's in the corners, which is very impressive considering the Camaro ZL1 1LE does 1.11 and the GT350R does 1.10g. Even more impressive that it does it on a set of tires that only cost $382 shipped and will last 10,000 miles on the street with a few autocrosses on them. Tires on a GT350R or a 1LE would cost more than I spent on the whole trip, including tires and track costs, and hotels.

Street tires after the trip home.

3,419 miles total on the trip.

My best mileage was 35.4 mpg in Atlanta traffic. This will go up once I rejet the carb, it's running a bit rich.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote