View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 12:57 PM   #11
mr48chev

Re: Help with mustang 2 and ride height options

Weight bias of a Mustang II is 50% on the front and 41 % on the rear.

That puts most Mustang II within about 100 lbs of having the same weight on the front tires as a Chevy 3100. When you discount the I beam, springs and part of the brake drum weight the unsprung weght is real close to the same and an AD with a small block or an lS and aluminum case trans is probably lighter on the front tires by a noticeable amount over a stone stock truck.

I'd have to hit Mike Morris (father of Riley who owns Rocket's Hotrod Garage in Outlook wa ) up on what stock MII springs worked best as he did more MII swaps using the stock MII or Pinto crossmember cut out of donors than anyone around back in the 80's and most of those rigs are still running around.

I've got a 75 Mach 1 crossmember out here that I saved the crossmember out of after we figured out that the whole floor and body substructure was rusted out on. I bought it to put my 4 cylinder in and ended up using parts off it on my Bobcat wagon. It had V6 springs and someone said that they were too heavy.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote