View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
towrecker

Talking opinions 427 bbc or crate 350 290 hp ?

Hello everyone , I am at this strange fork in the road , I have rebuilt a 427 tall deck for my wrecker (if you don't know my truck click this link and it is all over my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/beltstowing ) well I am about 30 min of work away from having the 427 ready to be swapped in , as of last friday night , I entered in the large 300+ car car show last saturday , and this is where my problems started ...I sort of won the grand prize of the show , what was it you ask , well it is a G.M. performance parts 350 4 bolt mail 290 H.P. crate engine ...so now I am beating my head into the wall over which engine to put in my truck ...the 427 will have more grunt I know that , and it will have the cool factor ...the 350 is not to shabby on grunt really , it is 100% new , and free which gives it a cool factor ...I know the 350 would be a 2 hour swap and be driving it , the 427 will require a trip to the exhaust shop , and some hillbilly engineering during the swap to get everything right , and also take a few days to complete ... so I am faced with the question which one to swap into my wrecker , they both should get the job done fine , but I think the big block might prove to get a better average fuel economy due to being a true truck grunt engine (my truck weighs 10,000 lbs )...give me some opinions and yes opinions are like a**holes , SO YOU ALL HAVE ONE !! lets hear them !

Jason Belt
Jonesborough Tn
1963 C30 holmes 500 wrecker (current engine/trans... 200k wore out 383 stroker / sm420 , and 4.56:1 rear )
towrecker is offline   Reply With Quote