View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #35
Moodyj

Re: Value Estimates 1966 C-10 Custom - Restomod chevy 350 updated suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy69chevelle View Post
I would be very concerned about the fresh paint and rust showing already, IMO i think he's hiding something, I would say 6K is what it it's worth only because of the mods he put into it.
If he wants that much and it was me, I would walk away.
I am concerned about the paint work on the bed, it definitely looks like it was done quickly and not prepped so bubbles and rust coming through in some places in inside corners and around wheel wells. the rest looks good on bed. But... the bed, no doubt, should be gone over. But personally I am okay with the way it is because I will use the bed (but I don't want to pay the price of a complete truck.)

The other part that looks like it was a quick job was the inside roof with the paint runs in all 4 corners. Maybe it was meant to have a headliner put in I don't know.

I am thinking the truck is safely worth $14-15k all day long. But given how close it is I am willing to pay up in the $17k range and just enjoy it. if I lose a grand in a year or two I am personally ok with it.

I will see what the owner says, he won't be happy with the offer but I have local comps to compare to and industry evaluations to show to back up what you guys are saying.
Moodyj is offline   Reply With Quote