View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 02:34 PM   #34
Qknf4u69

Re: 'Hay Burner' 69 LWB Frame Off Restore

The engine can finally exert some of its influence to the wheels. I made it out to the garage to install the new 2 piece driveshafts. It looks great and is a giant milestone. After I bolted everything down I zeroed out the frame and checked the Front shaft to see if it followed the frame. It was running up hill to the carrier bearing by 0.2º so I made a shim to move the transmission up by an 1/8" and that made me just under 0.1º the other way. I doubt that there would have been any vibration from it but the shop guru didn't like it when I told him so I followed his advice and shimmed the tranny up.

Of course I had to start the engine up and let the transmission spin the new parts. It was the first time that the transmission has ever been tested since it was built by 'R.W.' with TCI in 4-11-1994 and tested by 'S.D.' (Maybe Scoobi Doo) 3 days later. Good job guys, it worked as intended, one of those purchases from so long ago, glad it worked!

FYI
I did remember to take my string line off before spinning the shaft...
Attached Images

"Wouldn't say I was missing it Bob"
Qknf4u69 is offline   Reply With Quote