View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 02:54 PM   #10
RWB-713

Re: 1981 C10 - "First Ride"

Got the tanks, exhaust, driveline, brake lines, & wiring taken off Sunday night. That much closer to getting serious now.

I caved and ordered the LB - SB Conversion from Porterbuilt to make the job a bit easier and more precise. I was going to take all the measurements manually and do the hard part myself...but I figure it would save a bit of time and help ensure everything is square and straight to just use the PB template. We will have to remove the front spring hangers from the frame to use the template it looks like, which we were planning on anyway since we're going to go away from leafs in the rear, just didn't quite plan on doing it yet, but we'll take on the ever so fun rivet removal task next.

Stepson is starting to get pretty enthused about the whole thing. He hasn't ever done anything of the sort, and didn't know anything about mechanics or cars, etc., so when I first asked him if he wanted to build a truck he was like "Yeah, Cool"....and now he's asking lots of questions and talking about what to do with this, and how we're going to do that, etc, it's really fun watching him learn and develop interest. He does get frustrated at the smallest hiccup still ( Really small, like figuring out what size wrench to use, or having to holding backup on a nut, etc), but he's starting to get used to it and learn that it's part of the process. We did get him his own toolbox and basic tools for Christmas, and I bought him an electric impact when we started this project, and he does get pretty excited about getting to use those, so it's fun to see.

RWB-713 is offline   Reply With Quote