View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 11:46 AM   #32
Six862m6

Re: Washer Pump Size Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71meangreenc10 View Post
A problem you may run into as you said on the first post depending on the washer fluid mix, brand and you only using it a couple times of year may result in the pump losing its prime and the top end gumming up and failing. You can modify the washer system and use the original plug from the old washer without hacking up the wiring and make it look very professional and function all the time with easy repair if needed. I can help you with that if you ever want to change it and make it look good.

Great job with the effort to make the old system work.

Smitty
That's a good point Smitty. We'll see how it goes. Now that LockDoc showed us there is actually the correct rebuild kits for the original pumps, I will probably get one of those and stick to the original for now. I can't say on the prime as that is very likely but I think I'll have good luck on it not gumming up my system too bad. I use it in my C5 as well and it doesn't get used all that much either.... happened to use it last week though for the first time in over a year at least and was all good. Totally different pump design of course though. We shall see.