View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
capev86

Re: modifacations w/o hurting value

I upgrade my 72 burb c20 in ways that look factory....will be changing from sport mirrors to more user friendly tripod mirrors and adding teardrop roof lights from my dad's 72 burb. otherwise the body is staying completely as it came from factory (except for minor rust repairs).

on the inside i have added the tach and vacuum gage to the cluster since empty spots are just wasted real estate. seats will keep their original upholstery (except for some patches...gotta order the cloth material) and i plan to add a third row done up to match.

the big changes are underneath....lots of stuff from CPP....sway bars, poly bushings, improved style tie-rod adjusters, and billet/poly carrier bearing, etc. i have braided stainless brake hoses for piece of mind. most people upgrade for looks or the cool factor. i prefer the sleeper approach....tweak what is already there without messing with outward appearance.

Vectorit....I don't think it would hurt your truck to upgrade to front disc, especially if you use parts from a 71-72 K20 truck and keep it all GM. the brakes are hidden and a consumable part anyway. i think anything newer than a Model A needs good brakes and if the manufacturer has provided a bolt on improvement on a newer or sportier model....I'm all for it (and have done it before).
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote