View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 08:59 PM   #63
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Plow Truck, '78 GMC K35 Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowrun View Post
Cool stuff. I'm headed to pick up a new to me plow next week to put on an old non-Chevy truck I have for plowing snow. I had a plow on a Ford Bronco at my old house that had a long driveway but moved to a house with a shorter driveway about 10 years ago and sold the Ford thinking I didn't need a truck with a plow with the shorter driveway. I've used a sweepster and a bobcat with a plow since being here and this year I'm going back to a truck with a plow. Nothing works better in my opinion.
Bobcats work great with the right bucket. I'd have one if I could afford it. At least I know several people that have one and are willing to help when I need it.

So yesterday I remembered I also need to improve gas flow. My pump I was using seemed weak, like it barely got gas to the filter under the hood. I bought a holley pump a while ago and installed it yesterday. Gas flow was still pitiful. I disconnected hoses in different places to see if there was a blockage. Nothing was going through the pump and I know it's good because I used it this summer to temporarily run the riviera on. Turns out the hose from the sending unit is garbage and the pump is sucking air. So now I have to drop the tank and replace the hose.

I did get most of the aux battery kit installed before it got dark. I forgot to stop and get a couple screws I need for mounting the isolator, what was in the kit doesn't work. And I need a battery! No new pics, I'll get some when I'm done.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote