View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 01:30 PM   #3709
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Sunday evening.

Been raining on and off today, chilly too.

Thought I would address a few questions from various forums and FB all in one.

Mate Mat of www.dirtroaddiary.co.uk asked about the textured paint and what it came out like after I worked on it.

Starting this way.

Same spot afterward.

Clearly a look that will not be happening, after all, it’s a sunshine truck now.

Got asked by an unobservant friend if the Blazer badges were going back on.......

Ermmmm.

Right, I have ideas on this following problem, but happy to ask for a d listen to advice.

The glassfibre canopy on the rear of thenBlazer was very much fungus or moss infested at some point.
Someone who obviously tried to fix it, took to sanding off a lot of the Gel coat on the outside.

Leaving it looking like this up close.

There is loads of this sort of damage.

And from above.

Of course I am not going to gel coat the whole thing or replace it, simply because there are not stocks of random Blazer canopies in the U.K. to choose from, or is there??
I am looking for a replacement pre-81 hood and fenders too while you are at it.

My plan is to remove the hood in summer and replace the weather seal to stop it leaking in heavy rain, and then to clean the hood, and paint it in textured Rhino Liner, which I understand is also overpaintable.

Correct me and advise please.

So back to our scheduled programme.

@CraigRK did me this photoshop.

June2016/December2018

I was chatting to Dennis a lot the last few days and this morning he asked me if I still had some of the stripes for the truck.

Yup......

Why??

He sent this pic of a Factory Spec C10 Truck and asked if I was doing the hood too.

It was raining and I was watching recoded telly, so the answer was obviously nope.

More in a while, time for coffee and cookies.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote