Thread: My 66 Project
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 11:35 AM   #85
ChrisDollins

Re: My 66 Project

Took the truck on a nice cruise yesterday to Donnie's place in Strawberry. Such beautiful country out that way! A friend of mine rode with me that loves old trucks too. He's working on a '61 Ford unibody. Anyhow, we wound up taking the wrong section of hwy on the way down. Anyone that's from here knows that the road system is kinda funny at times. There are like 3 hwy 115's, 117's, and 166's. And some of them are pretty far apart. So needless to say, we took the wrong one lol. Ended up seeing a lot of nice country and a bunch of old cars and trucks out too. Made it to Donnie's and checked out his sweet pickup. Super slick truck! So many cool things with it and great attention to detail. I wish I would have felt a little better and could of actually spoke more lol.

The reason for the trip was my Mom had been to a restaurant or something that had a tailgate bench out front. She decided that was what she wanted for Christmas. So the hunt for a 60-66 tailgate was on. I knew surely one of our local truck guys would have one I could buy. But of course good-guy Donny wouldn't let me buy it. Wish we would have had time to cruise the trucks somewhere to eat so I could buy your lunch. Anyways, I'll post pics of the process with the bench. Here's a few pics of the trip, tailgate bench, and a pickup for sale on the way home with a keg gas tank. Pretty cool.

Chris
Attached Images

Last edited by ChrisDollins; 12-06-2015 at 12:02 PM.
ChrisDollins is offline   Reply With Quote