View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #3
YoungHandyMan

Re: 1970 C10 SWB Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymachinist View Post
First things first... I'm in indy also and looking for a short bed step side.

That being said you obviously found it first so I have no intention of trying to snatch it from you.

What is the story on it? It looks pretty rough from the pics. Based on what I see under the hood someone tried to fix it up not too terribly long ago.

Do they have an asking price or is it a make an offer type thing?
Well from what I gathered, he operates a business and someone owed him some money a few years ago and this is what they gave him to settle it. I think it has only sat out there this summer because I drive past the particular location on a regular basis heading back down to Bloomington for school.

His asking price was $1700, but it started as a kind of make an offer thing, I had no number in mind at the time because he literally gave me less than 90 seconds to look at the thing, where I snapped those pictures. He "had to be somewhere" at 8:45PM on a Tuesday, but nevermind that.

My uncle and I have been trying to find a truck in this era that we could fix up, or rat rod for a couple years while I finish school then really give it some love and $$$.

At first I felt like that was a fair price but now after sitting on it a few days I feel like the truck is in rough shape, but then I feel that the SWB is hard to come by.
YoungHandyMan is offline   Reply With Quote