Thread: 1960 Biscayne
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #83
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: 1960 Biscayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Looks like some very nice parts Steve. Those ball joints must very good to last that long.
Looking forward to more pictures.
The rubber boots were still soft and pliable. Not much play at all in the front end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminchevypickup View Post
^^^^^ Yeah what he said!!! Looks good Steve..
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! I can't knock these things out like you can, but I actually have a blast giving it what I can. The fun is in the journey more than the destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Nice '60 ! I love these old cars, I have a '59 2 dr wag that I am going to build after my truck is on the road. can't wait to see this one with some big wheels and aired out!
Another 6 - 8 weeks and I should have some pics for ya. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mello Mel View Post
I'm glad to see your plugging away at it, i have a 60 Bel-Air also and it needs total restoration.... but i love your car and always wished i had started with something as nice.. Keep up the excellent work you are doing great as far as i can tell. to be honest it is nice to see a real world installation by someone who is an enthusiast... not an expert.
I learned the hard way about what to start out with. I lucked out with this car. I bought it on fleabay, nothing other than pictures and a phone call with the owners son. Fortunately, he was as honest as he came across and the car was just as described.

I hate paint jail with a passion. I'm teaching myself how to paint too. Based on some of the characters I've come across, you don't exactly need a chemistry degree to paint - just a lot of patience and the nads to try.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote