View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 01:27 PM   #230
66C10LB

Re: 66 GMC Long to Short LS Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[IMG
[IMG]

I put a new door bottom on it, mounted the striker on the cab and installed the door lock mechanism. With the door closed and locked in place the middle of the door edge did not line up with the cab. I made a relief cut and then welded in a filler to bring the for edge out flush. With that done I mounted the cowl extension and the fender. The door frame fit great everywhere including at the rocker. I cut the skin off the last driver door I attempted to fix and fit it to this one. I tacked it in and hammered over the corners to hold it in place. As per usual, now it fits like crap, the top pulled, and now it doesn't seem to fit at the rocker.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

I really hate doors!!!! Not really sure what I want to do at this point. This has really killed my motivation. as much as I want to do all the work on this truck myself I might have to admit defeat on this one and hire some to fix it. Going to move on to other things and leave the doors alone for a while, again.
I'm with you on that challenges on door skins. I failed on the drivers outer btm, gave up and went on to A-pillars which were no problem. Worked on the passenger door outer bottoms and after a lot of effort finally managed to get good fit/curvature. Now back to try the drivers door again.
Attached Images

66C10LB is offline   Reply With Quote