View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 11:58 PM   #568
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Wow, I haven't posted here for a while. I have an excuse though, I've been busy causing my self more work and prepping for HRPT.

While installing the VA condenser, I was trying to hurry and ended up putting a drill bit into my aluminum radiator. I immediately ordered another one and got it powder coated the day it came in. Lesson learned, spend 15 minutes to pull the radiator to avoid spending another $400.

I got the A/C all buttoned up and got it charged last night. It blows 35° air out of the vents with it just sitting in the shop idling. The lines didn't turn out exactly as I imagined, but they do hide that big ugly heater valve pretty well, if I do say so myself.

I also added an electric pusher fan to the front of the condenser to assist the engine driven clutch fan. I added the Dakota Digital PAC-2750 fan controller also. It's a pretty neat unit that can turn on/off 1 or 2 fans at different temperature set points, and with it connected to the DD Retrotech gauges it uses the same sending unit and can turn off the fans above a set vehicle speed. Of course, it also kicks the fan on with the A/C regardless of whether it has reached the temp set point. That should help with all the idling while waiting to get into the venues on HRPT.

While the grille was off for the condenser install, I also swapped out the sealed beam headlights with the Jeep Wrangler JK headlights, so I can be more like my hero Gringoloco! They give the front end a cleaner look and will hopefully provide better, brighter, more focused lighting.
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote