View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 11:26 AM   #7
Beach-Burban

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiti View Post
Woody,

I also ordered a Pro Flo 4 EFI system in February and am still waiting for it. Apparently there are issues with obtaining the semiconductors necessary to complete production, but I have been unable to get a straight answer from Edelbrock. Quite disappointing. A fuel sump pump didn't come up in my research. Perhaps because I am going with an EFI tank with in-tank pump?

With regard to my factory front-rear A/C system, I decided to think about it holistically. I am going with a serpentine conversion kit coupled with a large Sanden SD7H15 (part# 4665) compressor. I decided to go with Old Air Products, which sold me a well priced kit, with control, trinary switch, as well as hoses to connect the rear A/C. None of this has been installed yet, so I can't necessarily recommend it, but it's what I did after a lot of research.

Good luck with your very cool looking Burb!

Nick
Thanks Nick...it's cool that you selected the Pro Flo 4 as well (even if there is a back-order issue). My mechanic buddy was glad that I chose a fuel rail type system...but there are trade-offs with any system one chooses. You are correct that your EFI tank and in-line pump eliminates your need for the sump system...I wanted to keep my dealer installed 45 gallon tank without cutting into it, so I went with the fuel sump kit. Not being anything close to an "authority" on the subject, I hope I don't regret my decisions!

A/C wise...I'm still in a quandary over how to proceed, but I did give Old Air Products a lot of thought during my research...and will be very interested to hear about your results!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote