View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 04:30 PM   #835
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Ok, well what a time it has been trying to figure out the best way to do this power steering pump setup. I got the brackets to do the install for a GM Type 2 power steering pump along with a Long Water pump setup, and matching the dual Serpentine crank pully from my March Pully kit. I got a type 2 pump from Speedway WITH a reservoir attached and have since learned that in no way will this work with the Powered Rack I have, BUT a remote reservoir pump will! So I ordered a new Type 2 pump with 6an out and 10an in and a remote reservoir. along with 10an PTFE hose and fittings. I bought a serpentine pump pulley (part number Dorman 300-301) that looks like it will work! The pump mount I got from Unsteer appears to allow me to move the pump closer or further away from the block in small increments to lineup with the March Pulley, so that is making this easier. It has been some time and effort to make it all work, but it is really coming together. So if anyone needs or wants more detail on all this, let me know and i will get you all the info.
Pics coming of the install...
Also got all my fitting for the brake lines, so starting that install this weekend. Pics coming
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote