View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 05:39 AM   #5146
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So, on with reporting the rest of yesterdays work.

I really went at a reasonably slow pace, deliberately as it is great actually visiting with friends and getting stuff done, rather than the usual flat out pace to just get a job done.

Fil is great company and comes up with some great ideas, like the voices in my head.

After all, he named the S10 as Rumblegrizzkin.

So the first job that needed doing and needed two sets of hands, was to remove the body table we put the Jeep body on two weeks ago.

Lift rear, fit taller box under floor to then free rear of table, lift front, fit a pair of axle stands either side, and a 2x4 on them, put body down, slide table out.

Easy Peasy.

So while I did some other stuff like gathering tools, finding coach screws, Fill cut the four legs off the table.

Then drill pilot holes for the,wheels, zip in the coach screws with Mr Rattle gun.

Once the rolling table was done, we got the body back onto it, tried it out with the two steering trolley wheels in,front, moved it about to test……

Then things got silly just before we went in for some coffee and toast.

Fil fetched Glen’s spare glassless screen frame and we grabbed a broomstick, the RX8 drivers seat…..….. oh, and some wheels and hey presto.

Got in, cautiously

Steering wheel needs to be lower and a touch further away from the driver.

Then Fil got a turn to sit in the drivers seat, and we tilted the screen back a bit, as the plan was to cut it shorter and fit new glass, but this may work, depending on how the ex-56 Chevy roll cage/hoop from @pauly may force my hand on the aesthetics department if I cannot tilt it back to follow the body/B-pillar, screen and seat line.

Next job was to get the canvas ready for the sand blasting of the frame, and then moving the frame onto the axle stands, on there.

Planning.

Once placed, the wheels came out again.

Tally-Ho Mo-Fo’s !!!

And finally ready to start blasting as soon as the air dies in the morning.

Wish me luck with the compressor and enough air volume.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote