View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #1
ryangreen19

Went for an alignment- positive camber& no shims

I recently finished re-building the entire front end of my 68 c10, I swapped spindles out of an 85 to get discs, but kept the 68 control arms. I also did the Caster mod, I wan't as aggressive as some but moved things forward a 1/2". The issue I appear to be having now is that I have positive camber on both sides and no shims in yet to increase caster. Caster is in the 1-2 range and needs to go up obviously. The alignment sheet showed about +0.3 camber give or take on both sides before any shims to increase caster. Now from searching these forums, this doesn't make a lot of sense. I get the sense that camber should be slightly negative without any shims. The caster mod would have no effect. The spindles wouldn't either. What came to mind tonight was the springs. I have the HD spring option in the front and rear, but I boobed and ordered standard spring for the front. The free height of what I have, GM 45H0011 is 13.18", installation height 10.00". The HD (45H0041) springs free height is 12.56" and installation height is 10.00". Could this 0.62" make the difference? I know from reading that short springs give you too much positive camber, too tall would do the opposite right?

Thanks in advance.
ryangreen19 is offline   Reply With Quote