View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 12:04 AM   #71
RThree

Re: '72 K/30 Longhorn Conversion

Well... after my wife and I had our first child this year and things are finally starting to settle down its back to work on the truck. its been a while but we have progress!

I decided the 6" lift was a little to high for my liking, so I have pulled that out and switched to a 4" lift which is much better. Unfortunately that means the cross over steering had to be removed because the 2" drop causing it to hit the our custom 4x4 292 cross member... two steps forward one back. Oh well so instead i went with a 4" steering block from Rough Country to counter the bumper steer which seems to be working well.

I got the brake lines taken care of with the Off Roast Design braided stainless steel flex lines which i really like because they look like stock hoses unless your close up. Then this past weekend we were able start her up and drove her around the field a little bit! EVERYTHING WORKS!!! after 4 years of sitting the engine only need about 3 min of love to fire up and ran like a champ.

This week its off to the muffler shop, does anybody have recommendations for what muffler setup sounds good on on 292? my current plan is to do a single pipe dump right behind the cab with a Magnaflow... but i am open to suggestions.
Attached Images

- 1972 K20 Longhorn, 4wd conversion. "TAWNKAA" Project. 292ci Inline 6 / '93 NV4500 / 32 spline 205 TC / Dana 60s front & back / rear Detroit Locker / 4.10 Gears / 35" BFG MT KM2 / 4" Tuff Country lift. "TAWNKAA"Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=6823933
- 1970 C10 Lonbed, 292ci Inline 6, 3 on the tree, stock.
RThree is offline   Reply With Quote