View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 09:13 PM   #22
dagnabbitt

Re: Small Block Crate Engine Advice

Thank you for all the feedback!

So apparently GM Performance (Canada) does not have much for engines in stock. A couple of $15K LS motors are on hand, but there's an 8 week wait - if I am lucky - for the 350 I was interested in. Pretty annoying that they don't have anything readily available, seems like a bait and switch kind of marketing plan: everything they do not have in stock is "on sale!"... very disappointed in this seller. I won't deal with them, do not recommend.

But it made me circle back to Blueprint, as per a suggestion in this thread. At the moment I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a dressed 355 longblock, just need to sort out the shipping, since it has to come to Canada from Nebraska. It's expensive, but GM Performance didn't want my money, and I am frankly getting impatient to get my truck on the road. It helps that Blueprint has a good reputation and although I will be spending $2K more than I would have with GM, I think it will be worth it.

Since these things take time I guess I should order some other things right now. I've decided I don't want to deal with headers and I have been looking at getting some 60's Corvette 2.5 inch ram horns. Are these reproduced? And should I have any concerns about getting them to fit on a 355, in a 1981 C10?
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote