View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #30
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: 400-450hp 355 on a budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 C-10 KID View Post
There is a lot of HP and TQ numbers being posted up here. Curious if any one has the dyno charts they can post?

I'm going to side step this and add my 2 cents. I'm a vivid fan of the 6" rod 400sbc. You will have street ability TQ and HP numbers that makes the other combo's humble.
AMEN,, I always try to sit on my hands and try so hard to keep my mouth shut when I see "makes about" or "makes over" (not say anything about anyone here).

I apologize in advance for whatever feathers I may ruffle here but.........

the kid brought it up so,,, RE: those 'unfounded' claims...... inquiring minds want to know, SAYS WHO???

Desktop dyno is a joke, and to add... everyone inserts these lavish parameters when they don't know the 'real' answer. DDyno is foolishly optimistic anyways (it sells product so that's all they care about). So with pipe dreams thrown in they get a insanely inflated # to throw around the internet with the disclaimer of "about" or "more than" or my personal pet-peeve,,,, the same as some magazine build (but different ) and the article was nothing but a paid advertisement in the first place!!! . (and that is not pointing fingers at anyone,, just saying)
Programs like Performance Trends Engine Analyzer will give an honest estimate IF 100% factual and exacting data is input. Shaun has proved that over and over. But he doesn't GUESS at anything, and EA asks more questions than most, but experienced engine builders would know.

BUT,,, nothing is the 'real' answer except a true SuperFlo computerized engine dyno.

OK, sorry to those I offended,, and rant off

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 12-09-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote