View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #1263
Grizz1963

Re: What did you do to your truck today part III

Well, another Saturday gone, but a good day it was.

Martin and I jumped on our bikes, thankfully as the A2M2 was backed up from J5 to J3 and we ended up using the old A2 to get to Darren's place on the Isle of Sheppey.

Martin wanted to go discuss V8 engines and gearboxes with Darren, and I always find his and all his gang who hang around at his workshop and factory hugely relaxing. Real people, no pretence or Horse Poop. Just Horse Power.

Darren has a hugely interesting yard, with many treasures.

Sadly, this is what remains of an 70-80's Show van.

I managed to rob the steering wheel and boss from it, plan is to restore the steering wheel, just because I can.

Also found this old Hazet tool box for my Imperial sockets inside the van.

Today I also ordered a set of V8 exhaust hangers in laser cut Stainless steel from Darren for the truck. Not sure exactly how I will use them with the side exit pipes, but they are irresistible.

Lastly, I managed to shove this down the front of my bike riding trousers..... Quite a difficult feat in this heat....... Then managed to convince Darren to sell it to me if it fits, for the truck, needs a boss that fits the column I previously bought. Not cheap in my book, but absolutely gorgeous, a highlight in the cab when it is done.

A bit extravagant in my normal book, but as Nicola said to me, we work hard, I do not smoke or drink, (there is the odd rum or brandy from time to time) so why not a treat from time to time.

Nicola and I love these Pinup type girls, and the detail on this job is rather pleasing. The White of the wheel will go with the Mercedes Benz off-White I am doing the roof and side flash.

I may just take the steering wheel to bed with me tonight.

Learned a few things from Darren, including the fact that I will need to make up a new rose jointed Panhard rod for the rear end as it was dropped 4"
That's one of the nice things about this hobby, all the sharing that goes on.