View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 02:29 PM   #13
72SB

Re: Need a quality US Made HEI recommendation for my 250 I6

Just measure the DCV with engine running, on that yellow spliced into red wire going into dizzy. It should readd 12vdc when running.

if it reads around 9...than that wire still has the white braided resistance wire in it between bulkhead connector and dizzy.

There is another thread here showing a new braided wire IIRC cost that OP around $8 to replace the entire wire from bulkhead connector. It comes with the male terminal for bulkhead connector attached and bare end at other that would, in your case, connect to dizzy since you have a coil in cap HEI. For external coil you just run that wire to + terminal of coil.

You can easily make your own new wire if needed. Those spade terminals are available at places like Del City

Typicallly when HEI module fails it's instant shut off, usually when engine is at operating temp. Sometimes when cool the motor will restart.

Your issue may be something else like wiring or fuel delivery issue

I can't see in your pics if vacuum advance is hooked up...it should be. Without it you can experience stumbling issues accelerating as no more timing is being brought in. It won't cause your engine to shut off though
72SB is offline   Reply With Quote