View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 09:28 AM   #335
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Yeah, that was just another random fleeting thought. I'm not gonna do this much sanding and then cover up all that work. I just have to make sure and follow the directions and follow the best practices I've read about and it'll look good'nuf for me.

I want to get more opinions on some paint and body questions.
My truck has been taken down to clean metal or original sanded paint then epoxy coated in 2 different colors. (Black and white)
Then I did filler work after hammer and dolling any dents I could access.
After sanding the filler down I sprayed Summit Racing 2K urethane primer (gray) This is where I am now. I'm all out of the gray 2K urethane primer, but I do have a gallon of this Feather Fill G2 Polyester primer in "buff" color, also a high buildable primer. The Technical Data Sheet for the Feather Fill G2 says it's ok to apply over urethane primers.

I'm not sure why I though it was a good idea to pick so many different colors, and I don't believe it will make a difference in the paint job. I'm thinking as long as I use a good sealer before I spray the final blue single stage paint, it ought to cover either the gray or the buff just the same. Does this sound right?

My question is this. Would you buy another can of the gray urethane primer and finish the bodywork in the same color and material; or would you use what you already have on hand even though your project is gonna look like a wild hyena, with grays and tans all over the thing.

Here are some pics to ponder.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 05-26-2023 at 09:44 AM. Reason: added pics
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote