View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #2744
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
That is looking good, especially being built from leftovers.

Good job Rian!
Thanks Bill.

That's what gives me a buzz, creating and using repurposed materials.

After lunch on Sunday, I really needed to push it as hard as I could, despite starting to feel how unfit I am.

This was the last wall to be done, with plants against it, and of course quite a lot higher than the rest of the shed.

After quite a bit of measure cut, fit it was done.

At this point the second coat on the front and one on the side went on, the door got coats number two and three.

I also then boxed in the sleeper on the side and put a shelf on top, followed by more paint, to get it all nice and reflectively white.

I had promised the twins, lodgers a good South African BBQ or Braai as we wanted to get some meat burned for dinner.
So finishing by 3pm was the target, and getting tools packed away, a shave and shower and then off to the shops to get meat......
Got there by 15.55 and of course they were closing as it was a long weekend.
So we popped over to Co-Op and got what we needed, plus a 10% staff discount. Perfect.

Back home it was action stations, fire, then sacrifice the animal products and dinner,

I popped out behind my garage to fetch some wood for the BBQ and saw that my Bootfair Fig tree planted last year or the year before, had four healthy figs. My apple and pear trees both have been yielding good volumes a few years now.

Figtree.

Then took some last photos of the shed for the day to post up.

The last job on the build to be done is the roof of the new shed, and a renewal of my 10 year old shed.

Then of course shelves etc and pack it full of stuff.

Happy with the end result.

Today was a slow day, I went to a small bootfair, bought two large boxes of 50mm and 80 mm woodscrews for £2.50 each. (Bargain) And some fruit and vegetables.

Later Katy and I were headed out to the Sweeps Festival at Rochester, but nearing it, there was a downpour, so we carried on to B&Q to get some rolls of roofing felt and two tubs of shed and wood preserver.

Good help is hard to find.

Afterwards we came home, relaxed and I had dinner made for me.

Long weekend over.......

Few more tasks, but very happy with this shed.

It turned out even better than I had planned.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote