Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 10:48 PM   #1290
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Ok so I have been quite busy but not all with the truck, my wife is outta town taking care of family business, that leaves me here with all the animals one of which had to go to the vet for 2 days, $850 later..... That and my foot has been killing me to boot.

Also with the predictions of rain on the way I took the time to recover my car covers on Saturday, kind of a pita when your by yourself.

Ok so I have been slowly working on my panel getting it fitted, knowing my luck with under cutting I have been taking my time, I have the spot weld holes drilled on the two folded flanges, flanged the door skin where possible.

This leaves me to the last flange and my current headache, what is it with these replacement panels that they pre fold them 1/4# wider than the door? Naturally flattening that 90 out to refold it takes the contour right out of the skin. I'm thinking the best way to get the skin folded would be to clamp it in place and use a few Cleco's on the overlap, then dolly and hammer the flange over. The other area for concern is the contour of the inner door didn't match the skin contour before I flattened that flange out, the lower part of that triangle seems to have a high spot.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote