View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 01:01 AM   #4205
idbeast

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Today didn't go very good, I couldn't find my speaker wire so I ran down to the Ace hardware and got some, then stopped by the local tavern and had a quick beer, then as I was leaving several people were looking at my truck so after chatting for a while I started to get into the truck to leave and one of the guys who showed the most interest asked if I would step on it when I left so I did... busted a motor mount which stuck the throttle wide open, so I stood on the brakes front brakes engaged rears couldn't stop the rears, rear end started to swing out to the right, I took my foot off the brakes with the throttle still wide open and tried to straighten the truck up but the rear end was still powering around, shut to key off and went sideways through someone's yard... now I need to get some Prothane motor mounts before I can drive the truck again... There is real truth to the saying horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you push the wall... But on a positive note I got my amp and 4 of my speakers hooked up.

Last edited by idbeast; 02-19-2020 at 09:04 AM.
idbeast is offline   Reply With Quote