View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 06:15 PM   #8
LT4XTREME

If you don't have the money to buy good tools that you will only use a few times a year then spend some time on Ebay. I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of tools and have saved thousands. I stick with mostly Snap-on and you have to use your judgement about different tools. I mean how can someone hurt a hammer but that electric drill or grinder could be wore out. If you already have alot of Snap-on tools and the tool truck stops by so often then it's easy to buy a questionable tool like a ratchet from Ebay if it's broke the Snap-on man will fix it. He don't know you bought that $85.00 ratchet for $15.00 As a general rule I won't pay more that 50% including shipping for a tool on Ebay and on big ticket items I've saved alot. $800.00 digital fuel pressure tester for $100.00 $350.00 air hammer and bits for $75.00 so what if it needs rebuilt the bits was worth that much but it was like new so just imagine what else you can buy with that $275.00 you saved. So get a Mac and Snap-on catalog or use the online catalog to check the prices and enjoy your top of the line tool collection at a bargain price. You don't have a excuse for buying junk tools anymore.