View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 10:36 AM   #46
loudchevy

Re: BUILD: 1970 C10 LWB “Jumping Cholla”

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
NICE WORK Scott!! hope you have a good thanksgiving weekend
Thanksgiving was good and it was nice to have some time off work. Hope yours was good as well.

I spent a lot of the weekend cleaning the middle of the frame. I had already cleaned up the front and rear frame when we did the suspensions. I had only painted the front rails at that time. So after the last of the 50 year crud was wired wheeled off, I got the middle and rear frame primed and painted in all black. I still need to cut off the last 8" of the rear frame and will do that once I get to shorting the bed.

I'm pretty happy with how the frame came out and ready to start putting clean parts back together in the coming weeks/months. The monster 700R4 is going to the builder today to get converted to 2WD. I want to get the engine and trans sitting on the frame so we can start laying out the exhaust, fuel, brake lines with the cab off to make it easy access to everything.
Attached Images

2003 Tahoe Stock
1985 K5 5.3LS/4L60E|8Lug 4:56|3/4 Ton Front|14BFF Rear|Roll Cage|Dove-tailed & Bobbed
loudchevy is offline   Reply With Quote