View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #21
gigamanx

Re: Ford Model A Tudor Modern Twist on a Classic

Bet you were wondering if that guy gave up......nope.

Solid progress and just put things back together today. Got the front ibeam dropped 4" by Okie Joe. Fixed all the sheet metal issues and installed the firewall. There will be a "final firewall" after I know where the steering column and fusebox is going to go.

At a bit of a crossroads now though. I have some expensive parts to purchase and not sure what I should get next. I'd like to get her sitting on a solid foundation, but that's around $2000 for some wire wheels and tires. Problem I have with getting wheels is that I need to get disc brakes in the rear and front. When I do that, I'll have to choose my bolt pattern. Maybe that's the next step?

Spent a few minutes this afternoon with a steering wheel and a seat pretending I could drive. Getting a feel for where pedals will be, steering column placement, exhaust placement (because it might interfere with the steering).

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote