Old 08-14-2023, 01:20 PM   #146
HO455
Post Whore

Re: 67-72 Suburban OE seats

Uh
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfinatsunset View Post
Hey guys
My second row seat is not matching up to the holes that are in the support cross member. At one point the seat bolted up to an axillary gas tanks. Centered in the cab. Now I want to bolt the seat to the left side (offset so kids can get in the 3rd row) There are two sets of hole in the cross member. Straight stamp holes and holes with a weld nut. Welded nut holes put the seat center of the cab. How do I get my seat off set.
It's hard to tell which 2nd row seat you have from the photos. They came in two sizes.

Was your Burban a three row truck from the factory? It should be indicated on the SPID. The welded nuts on the crossmember reflect what seat layout the truck was ordered with. As far as I know GM didn't install crossmembers with weld nuts for both seat configurations.

Does your 3rd row seat have the factory style crossmember?

I believe the under seat aux tank was a dealer installed item only. So there would be variations in how they were installed. That being said I don't believe anyone has ever documented how those tanks were installed.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 08-14-2023 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Removed stupid part.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote