View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #142
Mondo

Re: 63-87 rack and pinion

They're taking the sway bar off today and going to the alignment shop (and A/C shop). I'll know more in a couple days. Rob said he had 3 trucks with thousands of miles on them before putting out the kit. He's pretty heavy (and successful) into autocross with his trucks.. And he's pretty active on this board concerning truck handling, so I'm sure he knows a thing or two about bump steer and rack heights.. I probably just need to raise the truck to get more reasonable R&P angle. I do hope he responds soon. Blake, if you get too small a rack, then wouldn't the steering movement be less left to right; not turn very sharp?

Hey Custom, I had a variable rate steering box before. It seemed they all start out great but get slack in them (had 3 different ones) so really wanted R&P. Yes, that's the CPP sway bar with end links... need that with their tubular A-arm. I was going to go with Porterbuilt's new A-arms but he didn't have any in stock and was going to be several weeks for him to make them. Turns out I could of waited. Might of been a good idea as the best solution would of been getting his drop member. But you know how it is $$$ got to try and cut back somewhere.

Last edited by Mondo; 07-16-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote