View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #152
robnolimit

Re: 63-87 rack and pinion

OK, first I answered, then I read all of the posts. Thanks a bunch for defending our company, and our products, or at least giving us the benefit of the doubt. We were on the road for a few weeks traveling to Des Moines, Ridetech, then Columbus, finally Knoxville, and it's tought to stay connected sometimes. There is definately more than one way to skin a cat, and everyone is free to seek their own solutions. Thanks for giving us a try. I'm sure you'll be happy once your on the road. All in all this is a pretty small hickup.
As to the concerns about ackerman, this part of the steering/suspension geometry is determined mostly by the steering arm location on the spindle. A small amount of the geometry can be modified by shifting the inner TRE pivit point fore and aft. The real question is, Why haven't any of the beloved spindle manufacturers changed the steering arm position to make the truck turn in better?
Mondo, let us all know how it goes, and if the guys working on it have any questions, have them call the shop, 909-386-7637.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote