View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 10:56 AM   #12
Rickysnickers

Re: It all Happened About 6 Minutes after

I'm assuming you were in Nampa when this occurred. If so, contact the PD and see if it's something they will investigate. You've already done the good part by contacting the bank and killing the card, as well as disputing the $111 charge.

One thing you might be able to clear up for me, why did you leave your card in the pump while you were pumping the gas? I've never seen this done before. I've pulled mine out of the reader as soon as the charge is approved, and that's before I start pumping any gas. Don't read this as me getting on your case, I'm simply asking a question.

For those who use their cards purchases, always give the reader a tug. Crooks will put add on readers on gas pumps, as well as other places cards are used, in order to skim your card number and/or pin. By pulling on the reader, if there's a second one placed there, you can usually pull it right off. If there is a fake reader that comes off, hold on to it and call your local PD right away. Also, it should go w/o saying, don't use the pump the reader was attached to and let the business know that you found it as well.

This is just for info for those reading this, as biketopia said, if you are going to use plastic use your credit card! Throw that debit card into the shredder and never use it. I did investigations for a short time. There were a couple of times where the banks would not refund the victim's money from a fraudulent debit card purchase. In one case it was several thousand dollars. With the CC, the card company will send it over to their own fraud unit and do their own investigation. They almost always find in favor of the victim. There are always a case or two where they do not, nothing is gauranteed.
Rickysnickers is online now   Reply With Quote