View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 01:03 PM   #16
KW5413

Re: It all Happened About 6 Minutes after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
I hope whoever it is, they (the bank) goes after them even though it's not a huge sum of money, it's still stealing! Sonic would not let us see the videos. Thieves have their privacy too, ya know.
Sorry to say that No one will go after them. Not enough $$$ involved. I won't get into the very long story but, my card was clipped from the same Hotel, twice over 6 weeks, near Midway Airport in Chicago. 1st visit I suspected the Hotel was the source. The card was cancelled / replaced. 6 weeks later I stayed at the same hotel and used the new card only for the hotel stay. Sure 'nuff, that card got clipped, as well. Over the two incidents the total theft(s) were over $ 20,000. I informed the MC Fraud Dept. that I pretty much proved the source and I would be happy to testify when they catch the perp. I was told they likely would not pursue it since there "wasn't enough $$$ involved"! I then contacted Holiday Inn Corporate Fraud Dept and they said they would get back with me. Never happened.

Most of the charges were for on-line purchase of jewelry and coins. All illegal charges were culled from my account and they just overnighted yet another card.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote