View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #783
FLYNAVY30

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Thanks. Having it as insurance claim is making it harder to find a shop who is willing to do the work. I've had 5 shops tell me they would do it for cash but not for an insurance company. Too many hassles.
Hmmmmm.... so my wife got cut off a few months back in her brand new BMW 440i and stuffed it into the side of the car that ran the light. Fortunately, she saw it coming early enough that she jumped on the brakes in enough time to get the car slowed below 15 MPH on impact, so the damage was relatively minor and the airbags didn't go off.

The point of my story is that when I went to have it fixed, I had to take the car to a USAA adjuster. They did the estimate for the repair, cut me a check, and told me to take it wherever I wanted. When the actual repair total was over twice the initial estimate, USAA just sent the additional payment directly to the shop although they did give me the option of paying out of pocket and then sending me a check.

What I'm getting at is, isn't there a way for you to "pay cash" to have the work done, then just have the insurance company cut you a check once you provide a receipt? If not, I'd look into a new insurance company.
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote