View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 09:32 AM   #3
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Barn Doors To Clamshell - Folding Bench Seats - Grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug87 View Post
HI All,

First thank you for being an invaluable resource when I was in search of a 3 door. As I wait for the 71 to arrive I had a few questions for the group...

- I will be looking to swap the barn doors to the hatch / clamshell in the near future. From what I can read many are going the opposite route. I don't expect there are many in my area who would be willing to swap doors and have ones in good condition. Is it worth it to ship / drive for original doors or are there quality reproduction ones to save time and hassle?

- The 71 I purchased has had a seat swap and doesn't have a third row. I could not find reproduction stock seats so I looked into TMI seats to maintain something close to a stock appearance. While they would work for the front, the second two rows would suffer as they do not fold. I've seen the seat swap threads and aside from a newer Tahoe set of seats any recommendations here?

- Can grills be swapped easily between years?

That's a decent start, thank you for the info! Looking forward to being a member here and sharing a little about this burb.

Best,
I didn't catch if your 71 is a 4x4. If a 4x4 it is lifted much the hatch gets to be pretty high unless your 6'2' plus. You may want to live with the barn doors a while. Both styles have their pluses and minuses. For instance I've never split my head open on a barn door.

The stock seats did not fold. GM made them somewhat simple to unbolt and remove. If you're looking to carry 4x8 sheets the most common second row swap is a 2nd row seat from a square body Burban. If you think that is the direction you want to go then I recommend doing that first before doing a front seat swap or you could end up like me with a front seat that won't fit when the 2nd row is folded flat. Dhooo!

All most every conceivable grille swap has been done here so do a search in the box (try Grille swap) above and click the 67-72 button to search the forum only.
Good luck.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote