View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 10:24 AM   #115
Justin71105

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Sucks you had issues with the paint. Truck is coming along nicely.

Just FYI, the link you shared is NOT a Stainless Steel column, but a PAINTABLE Steel column. I don't even see a stainless steel column on their website...
I see, everyone I had talked to about the ididit at work was telling me it was paint-able stainless. What I get for not doing some more research myself, but this second time around it came out really well.

I didn't want to splurge another $220 for the painted column at the time, may have went that route if I had read a little more on this one.

Ordered a lower steering mount and will be getting the column in maybe tomorrow if that part comes in.

Need to cut down the collapsible column about 7" and install the Lokar shift linkage.

Then may try to get the oil pressure and water temp wiring installed for my Dakota Digital gauges if I finish the column install up early enough.

A lot of wire tidying from my fuse box is still needed and adding the plugs to my headlight/park light wiring and running those out.

Hoping by the end of August I will be ready to have the transmission replaced and start on assembling everything else to make its maiden drive.