Thread: 47-55.1 1953 3100 "Honey-do"
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 12:57 AM   #41
rnrdthefox

Re: 1953 3100 "Honey-do"

Ok, one more post. I mentioned earlier, there were some "issues" with my approach and setup. Mechanically, everything is fine. I have a reason for wanting to use the Escalade latches. They have a few connections in addition to the motor for the locking and unlocking. They have a ground sensor for when the door is ajar and opened. I'm considering using those to my advantage for the alarm.

As luck would have it, the weather connector for the latch was about 1/4 inch too wide so I ended up cutting the body of it away and soldering the wires to it. This in it's self isn't that big of a deal, but I will need to put some epoxy at the base to seal it. Replacing a faulty latch later will be a pain, and potential vibrations in an automobile, could fatigue the connection points. They are also very close to the window channel. So, I'm going to role the dice since the miles on the truck will be low. I've taken them in and out enough now to know how to replace them with a new part if needed. I will put a connector behind the door cover to make replacement "easier". Just wanted to put this out there for those who might want to go down this path.

More to come...
Attached Images

Last edited by rnrdthefox; 04-19-2021 at 03:22 PM.
rnrdthefox is offline   Reply With Quote