View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 02:27 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Loweing c30 crew cab

3" spindles + 1-coil removed from the stock front springs = ~5" front drop.

For the rear, the flip kit = ~8" drop. Drop shackles & hangers yield 4" drop. You can do a flip-kit & use 'lift' shackles to gain an inch. This maintains the traditional 5/7 drop total. Even @ 7" of drop, the bed floor support above the differential will need to be tweaked for clearance & it's still likely the center housing will hit the floor (they are large).

Know going into it that the rear frame will be compromised w/bolt-in C-sections (significantly w/the Western Chassis units). A former board member that's a structural engineer did FEA calcs from the numbers I provided to him on the Western Chassis c-notches purchased/intended for my dually. The result was the rear rail would be approx 16% of the original rail strength using them. Boxing the inside increased that number (<10%). That's a bunch of stress @ the notch area given the pivot distance to each end of the springs.

I opted for full height step notch sections bolted & welded in + raised the floor.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote