View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 07:46 PM   #34
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: New member registration / administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyrodknocker View Post

Hardest account to long onto by a country mile? The old truck forum.
Quote:
The following message was sent to you via the The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network Contact Us form by Wayne ( mailto:********@yahoo.com ).

--------------------------------

Cant ****in read that stupid ****in code
The above is the email you sent yesterday. The cuss words are auto censored on the site, but not in email.
I did reply the following
Quote:
If you could be clear as to what "stupid ****ing code" you are referring to, I would be more than happy to assist. What is it you are trying to do? What error are you receiving? I do hope your day gets better. Let me know if I can help you resolve your confusion.

Liz
Here is an email from you in june of 21.
Quote:

Yea thats me with the password you gave me.

On Friday, June 21, 2019, 2:11:18 AM UTC, The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network <accounts@67-72chevytrucks.com> wrote:

Dear rustyrodknocker,
and here is one I found from 9/21

Quote:
The following message was sent to you via the The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network Contact Us form by Rustyrodknocker ( mailto:wr_sherman@yahoo.com ).

--------------------------------

I have forgotten my password again. However, when I do a password request I am not getting an email from the site.

I have a few things to say.
  • I am glad you figured out how to get back on the site. I fully understand how frusterating things can be.
  • I was raised to respect others. I was also raised on Long Island, NY. My first instinct when someone cusses at me is to answer in kind. Again, I am glad you are able to log in today.
  • I may not be the smartest person in the world, but I am pretty confident that the email you sent in june of 21 did not warrent a reply. It had no question etc? The email you sent in September of 21 did, however that was in the middle of a spam issue in accounts and emails. I have gone through 19k emails this week to ensure people who had questions were answered. I am still going through them. As I found them I put them into folders, so that I can go back and ensure the issues are resolved.
  • In addition to the last point... 9/21 to 2/22 is 5 months if I remember correctly. I feel badly that folks have waited this long, some longer. However most I have emailed have been gracious.
  • I do feel badly that you were so frusterated. Incase you have any issues in the future, you can always contact the site through our facebook page, our facebook group, josh has the address (snail mail) posted in subscription information in the announcements globally on the site, Josh has his email listed in his signature as well. It is josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
  • while going through mail, we have big guys offering to purchase the site. This is not a new thing at all. Josh decided years ago to keep it small, private and the type of community we cherish. Posts and emails like yours honestly make me wish he would just sell at times. Its very disheartening to be brow bashed over a resource we the staff work hard on so that it is available to you for free. Obviously you enjoy it or you would not had bothered trying to get back. I wish you the best, if you need help feel free to reach out. Just try being a bit more respectful, I have yet to cuss you out and expect the same in return. Thanks!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote