View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 08:45 PM   #69
Roostre

Re: Roostre's 1967 C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
That's a very interesting idea. Sometimes with patina rigs, the mirrors, bumpers, and wheels get painted back to a factory white while the body keeps its bumps and bruises. I totally get squaring away some of those bolt on pieces to sharpen up the truck without spoiling the patina. But sometimes they end up looking brand new while the rest of the truck looks old. Using an ivory or off-white is an idea I hadn't thought of, that might true things up a little bit without making them stand out as much as a bright white. I will like to see your pictures on this.
Yes, I agree with you. If you look at the picture of the headlight, you can see some of the grill trim. Someone painted them bright white before I got it. They just didn't look right with the weathered paint of the truck.

I realized that I haven't updated the plan in a while, and this ties into it. I'm replacing a bunch of rust and fixing some road rash. The box on the truck is faded red paint. I like the look, so I've got some single stage satin red that I'm going to make the entire truck one color with. I think the off white trim will look really sharp with the color. So its not going to be a true patina or faux patina truck, but I think it will look ok.

I'm also not a professional body man, so I don't want to spray super expensive product on the truck.

Last edited by Roostre; 04-08-2021 at 09:38 PM.
Roostre is online now   Reply With Quote