View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 11:34 AM   #46
special-K
Special Order

Re: Getting rid of scrap metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Did you tell the one place you wanted to sell scrap not get your gold star on your driver's license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Yeah Ryan, it's kinda crazy..but I imagine theyve been burned enough over the yrs it's more of a cya deal.. when metal prices got so high a few yrs back, you better not leave a car broke down on the road ..it wouldnt take long for it to be gone...farm equipment getting stole and cut up..all kinds of stupid
That is true. I remember that about broke down cars being hauled off back then. all kinds of crazy thefts you wouldn't ordinarily see.

I just wonder, say you scrap a parts truck. You hand in the title with the rolling frame, bare rusty cab, and throw on some random discard parts from this truck as well as whatever. I'm sure all that's ok. But what about when you realize any of the major parts you saved weren't worth fixing? What paperwork can you provide for that bedside and/or door (etc) you discovered is not worth trying to save after all?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote