View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 07:23 AM   #5474
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
well i would say he's taking it about as good as anyone who knows their time is up. told me he has no regrets and enjoyed his life and 4 daughters. my wife though, that's another story. as the youngest she was his baby and she's been shedding a lot of tears lately
This might not help your wife but hopefully it can in time. My dad dies of diabetes and was given a prognosis of 6 months, he went 9. I went to see him with my younger son as much as we could, 150 miles from here. Through that experience I realized these two simple facts. When a person knows they are going to die it's hard for them and easier on their loved ones. When a person dies suddenly it's good for them and hard on everyone else. We are fortunate to know we have some time to show our dying loved one how much we love them, appreciate the live they had with that person, and say how they will be missed. Make the most of this time and her regrets will be much less

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote