View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #1240
hotrod1
56 - autocross

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
See now you are acting like you know me. That would be my problem, over thinking it.lol I this during mockup I did not like the clearances for my drive shift. I worried myself silly until I came up with this. It gave me about 3 inches more clearance.

Than I decided the paint on the frame was too glossy for my taste so I stripped it all off and used the Satin Black. I'm sick and I know it but at least I own up to it.lol

So in other words buddy, I over think everything. This truck should have been done by now. Its just sad that its not.lol
I can tell you haw many cross members that I have done and pulled apart because I did not like them afterwards.

I found a good solution (for me only) to the cross member hitting the drive shaft scenario. Lower the engine. Get better (lower) center of gravity. I needed to move the engine back a few inches to achieve this it and had to redo the firewall. This gets me a better front to back weight ratio also. The only issue that I see is that the engine looks like a peanut in the engine compartment. Overall, a lot of work.
hotrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote