View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 11:00 PM   #1
EricU

89 C30 Crew Cab - Gen V LT1/8L90e Install Questions

I have an 89 C30 Crew Cab that is currently under the knife to have a PB Fab Front and Rear bagged suspension installed so I can look at my 22” Alcoas and clean the top of the hood easier.

I am looking at repowering my C30 CC with a 2016 (+/-) Gen V LT1/8L90e combo and have some questions. I will probably source the engine through a supplier that strips cars and pallets up the entire engine/tranny/ECU/pedal and will even swap out the cam to dump the VVTs and tune the ecu to dump the AFM, I used them on a previous L99/6L80e swap into an old (65) Caddy.

The PB Fab front kit uses a Rack n Pinion steering setup but the Gen V LT1s don’t have a PS pump?

• Has anyone any experience with the aftermarket solutions in a Squarebody? I have seen Dirty Dingo’s solution and All American Billet looks to have a bracket and pully

• What are the physical dimensions of the 8L90e – I am assuming that I will need to tunnel the truck, which isn’t that big a deal.

Both Holley and Moroso make oil pans so that seems pretty straight forward.

I already planned on getting a Dakota Digital dash for the pig, so gauges should be taken care of.

• I would like to keep the dual saddle tanks, Can I add a third tank and feed it from the saddle tanks?
• Are there any other major or semi-big items that I will need to deal with and plan for?