View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 09:36 PM   #1
72longstepper

Inner/outer rocker fitment---help!!!

Let me start by saying that NO I did not do this right. No proper planning I just all of a sudden made this a cab off restoration. Had never welded before etc.
Here is my problem. Drivers side is mostly done with a bit of (hopefully) adjusting I think the door will fit. Passenger side has turned out to be a nightmare. Both corners had been done some time ago when the rage was to put foam everywhere. The corners were never re-tacked to the floor pan and they packed foam in the seam etc. That has all been cleaned out. I have the inner rocker and the front pier on and the back pier tacked because my gap is way off. I know that re-pops are not exact fits and I had to cut both the inner and outer rocker on the DS to make them fit. I have measured everything and to make the outer rocker works I will have to just about rebuild it. I am talking about at least 1/2" to 1" to short. I will take pictures tomorrow as I am to tired to take them now. I am into my 3rd year with this project, will be 73 next month and starting to get weary. LOL
Also a bit confusing is when I put new cab bushings on (they are not cinched down yet) the back bolts I took off were bent quite a bit about 2/3 of the way done from the top. No frame work at all on the 1972 GMC C15 LWB Fender Side.
Attached Images

Last edited by 72longstepper; 07-26-2021 at 09:26 PM. Reason: add photos
72longstepper is offline   Reply With Quote