View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 03:33 PM   #41
Seanext

Re: 1972 C30 Dump truck

Well got the drive shaft back Friday. 3 new U joints, new carrier bearing, new tube for the front half on the drive shaft and balanced both sections, $407. All parts are Spicer. That was tough to hear but had to be done. Got it installed and looks good from underneath but no one but me knows. Got all the fuel system parts but decided to not install them until the rust is fixed to make it safe to drive. I cut the door hinges off on the drivers door as they were welded to the door and got after the rust. Really strange but all the cab supports are good but the floor pans are shot. Got most of it cut out on the driver side. There is a little up on the firewall section that I am going to have to patch as well. The Kick panel and the A pillar will have to fixed as well. I have a set of doors that I will have to use to replace the ones I am taking off. No need to brace the cab as it is so out of shape from all the rust. I have another good cab to get all the measurements from to make sure the door dimensions are correct when it goes back together.
Seanext is offline   Reply With Quote