View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 03:38 PM   #827
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

OK, so help here please!

I got the Hydro boost Brake and Hydraulic Clutch system all installed, looks great and will work perfect, THANK YOU CaptainFab!!!

Now onto more fun stuff... NOT

So on the SBC I have the March Pulley kit #22037-8. I am running AC and power steering pump (stock style - currently) and a power rack n pinion system, and this is where the pain in the butt part comes into play. Currently the power steering pump is actually hitting or near hitting the Rack steering universal joint! There is absolutely no room!! So, I have sent a message to March asking for help, maybe a mount that is higher for the pump, BUT I also stumbled onto what about using a GM Type 2 Pump and Res? I really like this setup and would prefer this pump anyways, but I need to make sure i can run this with the March setup. Is anyone running one of these pumps?

So i found that Unisteer performance has a complete kit for a Rack system on our trucks. I got mine from POL but this kit from Unisteer is everything, nice kit but a bit spendy - 8011920-01. With that said, they run a Type 2 pump, have a mount for it and have the parts and routing for the steering shaft that I need. I sent them a message asking for some help from them, hopefully they will sell me the steering shaft mount and the power steering pump mount without all the rest.

Speedway has a Type 2 pump with -6AN fittings which is what i want for a decent price.

It is fun to build these trucks. I love having an issue and then finding the solution, damn it would be nice if the solution was not spendy... lol

Anyways, any help here is greatly appreciated.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote